Covid-19 Planning Update

Greetings Trail Runners!

We hope everyone is staying safe, healthy and with loved ones during these especially trying times. We wanted to provide an update on where planning sits for the Tobermory Trail Race Weekend given the Covid-19 pandemic. It’s anyone’s guess as to whether or not events of this nature will be permissible in late September. Ontario’s emergency order limiting group gatherings currently sits at 10 and we need to see that climb closer to 100 for the Flower Pot Island event to proceed, or 200 for the trail marathon and ½ marathon to proceed as planned. The event has other hurdles to overcome, including guidelines, or restrictions related to mass transportation on buses and boats, plus gaining access to community centres, which are currently closed province wide.

For the time-being, we’re continuing to monitor all provincial and national emergency orders, restrictions and guidelines. We plan to make a final decision about whether or not we can host the event the week of July 20th.

Thank you all for your continued patience, support and understanding. We appreciate every one of our valued participants, volunteers and partners as we manage through this together.


The TTRW Organizing Committee

2 thoughts on “Covid-19 Planning Update

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s